|Job title:||Head Pastry Chef|
|Contact name:||Mandy Jones|
Head Pastry Chef - Kenya
Crawford & Carruthers Inc. is searching for a KENYAN Head Chef to oversee the kitchen for a luxury property in Kenya. The role is to assists in the Executive Chef and run and manage primarily the Pastry division.
The candidate should enjoy working independently and have experience in working in luxury lodges or villas in other African settings.
The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure, have attention to detail, must be accurate, customer focused, and have a positive outlook, excellent team player, committed, hardworking and eager to learn.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- At least 3+ years Chef experience.
- Passion for kitchen management –including all kitchen administration, general hygiene, and people management.
- · Spoken and written English
- · Computer literate
- · Strong management skills, day-to-day, and long term
- · The ability to motivate staff to consistently deliver.
- · Patience
- · Attention to detail
- · Passion for training staff, creating fabulous food, and new ideas.
- · Good interpersonal skills
Service and Kitchen Management
- · Run and supervise the entire Pastry section of the Kitchen.
- · Work with the Executive chef to ensure standards and goals are met.
- · Ensure all menus are followed and food standard is always excellent.
- · Support the chefs in daily supplies ordering from central store.
- · Support and train new chefs on certain recipes if necessary
- · Continuous monitoring and control of dishes going out.
- · Be flexible when receiving unexpected request from guests and ensure you can
accommodate unusual dietary requirements.
- · Work within operational budgets
- · Stock control measures – including stock rotations and monthly stock take procedures as
prescribed by the lodge financial co-ordinator.
- · Implement and maintain stringent cleaning measures. This includes daily weekly and
- monthly cleaning as well as stock receiving. Ensure that all cleaning is COVID compliant.
- · Attend weekly kitchen meeting with FOH and management team to ensure all items
relating to the food experience and communicated and tended to
- · Continuous training and motivation of all kitchen staff – including on the job training.
- · Ensure all staff understand their responsibilities.
- · Work closely with Executive Chef and General Manager to implement standards, and staff