Crawford & Carruthers Inc.
SAFARI GENERAL MANAGER – MPUMALANGA, SOUTH AFRICA
Crawford & Carruthers Inc. is searching for a dynamic Safari GM to join our Client on a luxury Safari Lodge in South Africa.
The perfect candidate will have 3 to 5 Years’ experience in management and will be responsible for day to day running of 2 Safari Lodges as well achieving lodge revenue & profit targets, through efficient management of operations and control of lodge costs.
Key skills and Minimum Requirements
● 3 - 5 years minimum management Experience in operation of similar size and complexity.
● Management degree and/or hospitality and service training.
●Energetic, proactive person with well-developed concept of the importance of providing a
world class guest experience and the ability to provide that experience.
●Aware, evolved, energetic, compassionate, respectable, good communication.
●Demonstrate a strong leadership skillset and mentorship abilities. ·
●Passionate about sustainable tourism and conservation.
●Unrelenting attention to detail and high standards.
●Fluent in English essential. Other European languages are beneficial as is Shangaan.
●Previous experience in running a luxury operation within a wildlife setting.
●Previous experience in managing a large Lodge management team.
●Previous experience in working closely with rural communities.
Job Responsibility and function:
●Ensure all health and safety compliance standards are met or exceeded and that all necessary functions in this regard are met.
●Oversee safety and security of all guests, lodge staff and company assets.
●Maintain environmental health and compliance with environmental audits.
●Oversee lodge conservation and sustainability efforts.
●Risk Assessment – ensure lodge is risk assessment compliant
●Safari shop – manage the safari shop manager in conjunction with the regional trainer and group safari shop management team
●Lodge Marketing – management of the lodge social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, etc. Ensure regular stories to the client head office team are distributed and that the brand maintains a strong presence in internal comms.
●Provide Direction and Leadership to the Heads of Departments in achieving Departmental Targets and Company Targets as well as seamless service in their departments.
● Assisting the Heads of Departments in the creation of Personal Development Plans for employees at all levels across the operation.
● Proactively manage Guest feedback and ensure that action points are in place with the Heads of Department.
● Monitor Service delivery in all areas of the Hotel and identifying performance gaps and ensuring that corrective points are in line.
● Continuously seeking opportunities to improve the guest experience.
● Proactively manage VIP’s ensuring interaction and procedure is followed.
● Create awareness at all levels of the Lodge Key Performance Measurements and how the success of achieving the targets set on the KPI’s.
● Planning, Reviewing, and monitoring activities across the operation ensure that costs are kept within budget parameters.
● Ensure that any cash-flow requirements are communicated timeously to Operations and Head Office Finance.
● Foster a good working relationship with the Commercial Team and assisting to ensure that the Lodge is positioned correctly with the correct accounts targeted.
● Participate in the budget compilation process and the implementation of annual budgets.
● Implement systems and procedure that ensure consistent service delivery in respect of the Day to Day running of the Lodge.
● Promote Audit Compliance across all areas of the property and reviewing, monitoring action points and follow up.
● Facilitate weekly and monthly departmental meetings and growing inter-departmental meetings across all areas of the property.
If you have the above attributes, please submit your CV to our recruiters.