Crawford & Carruthers Inc.
Scientist and Programme Manager – South Africa, Tanzania, Mozambique
Crawford & Carruthers Inc. is searching for a Programmed Manager who has a master’s degree in marine sciences, with fundraising, project development and implementation, and budget management preferably in an NGO setting, experience.
- Strategic Programme Management and development guidance, including responsibility for the delivery of all strategic programme and project outputs.
- Scientific research, monitoring, and coordination of all conservation research initiatives, ensure data collated and stored, enable sharing of research results and insights.
- Co-ordinate and enable citizen science and / or guest involvement.
- Fundraising, grant writing, donor management and engagement, donor reporting, and the development and implementation of fundraising campaigns.
- Enable and support liaison with local government departments, NGO’s, universities, and local authorities on a programme and project basis.
- Participate in relevant conservation and community boards and forums.
- Oversight of the budgets, including finances, payroll, procurement, and HR processes.
- Co-ordinate Impact projects at regional level where required.
- Management of the team, together with the relevant Regional Managers.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in marine sciences, with a PhD being preferable.
- Proven experience in fundraising, project development and implementation, and budget management (e.g., project planning, grant management, compiling, and monitoring budgets, project cycle management, narrative, and financial reporting), preferably in an NGO setting.
- Previous experience in developing and maintaining systematic and transparent records to keep track of projects and for accountability and auditing.
- Experience of effective and values-based partnership work between international and local organisations and communities preferable.
- Marine conservation impact experience.
- Diligence, tenacity, self-motivated, ability to influence, and disciplined.
- Must have a strong knowledge of project implementation, data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills, and knowledge of relevant cultures and languages would be extremely useful.
- Passion for working in a not-for-profit environment.
- Advantageous to have strong East African marine impact networks, including donor, non- government, government and or educational institutions.