Crawford & Carruthers Inc.
ASSISTANT FINANCIAL MANAGER- TANZANIA
Crawford & Carruthers Inc. is searching for an experienced Assistant Financial Manager to join the team of one of a well-known Safari Company in Tanzania.
The perfect candidate will have no less that 5 Years’ Financial Experience with a well-known auditing firm and be fluent in English ( Verbal and Written)
- Hands-on, self-driven and motivated
- Organised and results oriented.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Highly ethical and able to world under Pressure.
Key skills and Minimum Requirements
- 3 Years finance degree or relevant qualification (preference will be given to candidates with a CPA) 5+ years’ experience with a well-respected audit firm.
- 5+ years’ experience
- Microsoft Office Computer literate - Excel basics are essential.
- Panstrat experience preferable.
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
Job Responsibility and function:
· *Review and approval of lodge payment obligations (creditors)
· *Review the accuracy and completeness of lodge bank reconciliations.
· *Process monthly journals
· *Ensuring business expenditure is properly authorised and allocated.
· *Ensuring the timely and accurate recording of transactions, whether on the Panstrat system or within manual systems such that transactions are recorded on a day-to-day basis
· *Interpretation and analysis of management accounts
· *Collation and resolution of general ledger queries
· *Assist the Regional Financial Manager with the external Audit and field queries with the audit team.
*Support the Regional Finance Manager with the full financial reporting function for all lodge business units
*Monthly management account reporting for regional business units and variance analysis
*In conjunction with the Regional Finance Manager co-ordinate regional annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting
*Perform and maintain assigned balance sheet reconciliations monthly
*Investigate and report variances and implement controls to reduce variances where relevant
*Support the maintenance of the fixed asset register across all business units
*Training and Support to Lodge Accounting Officers and other supported staff:
·Lead and support
*A primary team of seven lodge accounting officers (including all lodge operations in East Africa)
* A secondary team of assistant accounting officers and a team of stores personnel
*Perform lodge financial audits and ensure best operating practices are maintained
*Perform the duties of an Accounting Officer (Lodge) on a short-term basis if a resource is needed to bridge a gap.
*Plan, direct and coordinate the responsibilities of direct and indirect reports to ensure they performing in line with expectations·
If you have the above attributes, please submit your CV to our recruiters.