Crawford & Carruthers Inc.
Assistant Director of Housekeeping – Maldives
Crawford & Carruthers Inc. is searching for an assistant Director of Housekeeping to assist in the management of a high-end 5* Island Property in the Maldives.
- 5 year(s): Experience in 5* luxury resort
- 3-5 years: Must have minimum 3-5 years management experience.
- Excellent managerial skills with a hands-on approach and lead-by-example work style
- Analytical mind with good organizational skills & problem-solving capabilities.
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy.
- Proficient in English (verbal & written).
- Outstanding leadership & communication skills.
- Experienced in using IT systems on various platforms.
- Take charge of full Housekeeping operations in the absence of the HK Director.
- Plan and coordinate all activities of the laundry such as handling linen, and uniforms in order to meet business requirements whilst ensuring the highest quality of services.
- Lead the Housekeeping Department by developing and implementing departmental objectives in line with the company business objectives.
- Coordinate housekeeping duties with various departments such as Engineering, Food & Beverage and Culinary to ensure that all guestrooms and public areas are clean and well maintained in a timely and efficient manner.
- Inspect all areas and take corrective measures in order to meet company standards in terms of cleanliness, maintenance and supply.
- Develop, implement and continually review the policies, procedures, practices and standards.
- Select, train, develop, schedule and manage the performance of direct and indirect subordinates to ensure the efficient running of housekeeping operations.
- Manage linen inventory and guest supplies and the ordering of supplies as necessary to meet quality standards and property business needs.
- Manage housekeeping operations such as cleaning and maintenance whilst ensuring compliance with all housekeeping policies, procedures, standards and satisfaction of clients’ needs.
- Participate in all refurbish and renovation projects planning, execution and final set up including snag lists.
- Prepare the annual budget and manning guide and manage the housekeeping department within budgetary guidelines.
- Coordinate and review contracts and suppliers related to Housekeeping and Laundry.
- Keep abreast of all new equipment’s and cleaning products and evaluate their quality, maintain knowledge of local competition and housekeeping industry trends.
- Accomplish a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meeting, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function.