CRAWFORD & CARRUTHERS INC.
ASSISTANT GM – MAASAI MARA KENYA
Crawford & Carruthers Inc. is searching for an Assistant GM to manage 2 Luxury Safari properties in Kenya in East Africa.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall effective management of both camps on all levels and will take over full responsibility once the GM is on leave.
The Assistant GM should be an energetic, proactive person with well-developed concept of the importance of providing a world-class guest experience and the ability to provide that experience.
*· Lateral thinking ability
*· Ability to take initiative
*· Must be able to cope under pressure to meet guests needs
*· Good interpersonal skills and communication with staff and guests
*· Attention to detail
*· Diligence and self-motivation to meet deadlines
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
* 3 Years’ Experience in the service industry especially in dealing with guests and staff
* Safari Lodge management experience.
* At least 3 years management experience in East Africa.
* Previous management experience in an operation with more than 40 beds.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY OUTPUT
* Assist to ensure the lodges and brand are taken to the next level of service standards.
* Assist in the overall responsibility for creating an environment of learning and development of individuals.
* Assist the General Manager in creating and management of lodge budgets working closely with the Lodge accountant to achieve budget.
* Responsible for operational strategizing.
* Assist in Capex structuring, planning, and implementing, project managing of Capex and financial projects where needed.
* Overall creative cost control and saving initiatives to stay within budget in collaboration with the Lodge Accountant.
* Assist the General Manager in the overall Day to Day Management of all Heart of House and
Front of House areas at the property.
* Daily meeting with Heads of Department to discuss the daily plan.
* Work closely with the Lodge Maintenance team to oversee and implement all maintenance
* Upkeep of Best Operation Practices (BOPs), styling guides and daily communication with
operations managers on guest & service details.
If you have the necessary experience and knowledge, please send your application to our recruiters.