Crawford & Carruthers Inc.
CHEF DE CUISINE WESTERN-ITALIAN– SAUDI ARABIA
Crawford & Carruthers is searching for a Western-Italian CDC in Saudi Arabia.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience at a similar level at a 5star or full-service hotel.
- English (spoken & written)
- Proficiency in working with MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of cooking philosophies and principles in Western cuisine
- Always maintain good personal hygiene.
- Developing your skills in Western cooking and training of other staff by leading them and always maintain a positive attitude
- Liaising with Executive Chef & Executive Sous Chef on all operational needs for the Catering Department;
- Supervise kitchen staff to ensure that standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are carried out at all time.
- Food preparation and servicing with an emphasis on quality, freshness and timing.
- Willing Hands-on cooking style and leadership.
- Work when and were required within all areas of the catering department.
- Ensure all Service, Food Preparation and Production is carried out to the highest standards.
- Drive Total Guest Satisfaction
- Menu writing and preparation, wherever possible with an emphasis on fresh local seasonal produce.
- Monitor the catering cleaning procedures and hygiene practices, according to HACCP requirements.
- Checking of daily food requisitions and maintaining stock level control to prevent wastage.
- Ensure all necessary mise-en-place is ready prior to service.
- Able to produce a wide range of food styles at any given location (e.g., buffet, plated).
- Ensure all kitchen equipment are well maintained, regularly checked and to report any problems to the department supervisor.
- Report for duty on time and in the correct uniform.
- Ensuring that a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming is adhered to as per standard.
- Be willing to travel to properties and residences in Riyadh and throughout Saudi Arabia for extended periods with possible overseas missions as required, to provide catering services to Employer and guests.
- 2-4-year Culinary degree or equivalent formal culinary training.