Crawford & Carruthers is searching for a Group Training Manager for our client in East Africa, to develop and mentor staff for their multiple safari lodges.
The training manager would need to ensure that training and assessment systems are in place and managed.
The goal of these training initiatives and activities are to ensure that staff are skilled.
This role will be a senior role and the perfect candidate will be someone that has lodge or camp management and training experience (Learning, Training & Development).
Flexibility to travel regularly, including to remote camps throughout Africa will be needed.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in an HR / training / people development role
A degree/diploma/certificate in Human Resources is desirable
Camp / Lodge management experience
High proficiency in using MS office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)REQUIRED
Flexibility to travel regularly, including to remote camps throughout Africa
Job Functions and Key responsibilities include:
Training and Development
• Conducting of regular training needs assessments and communication with the Country Managers and Camp Managers on training needs and requirements, identifying gaps and ensuring appropriate action is taken
• Curriculum development for areas of responsibility, including training materials where necessary
• Setting of an annual training framework for Managers, Guides, Chefs, and general staff, with associated budgets
• Identifying and implementing an in-house training program for Camp Staff, and driving, monitoring, and reporting on the activity and progress of such program
• Budget management and reconciliation for all areas of responsibility
• Supporting of Country Managers on talent identification, development, and mentoring
• Work with Country Managers and HR on annual appraisals and evaluations of employee level
• Establishment of an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including new employee on-boarding and/or orientation, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfers
• Camp Management Training
• Service and Hospitality Training (including all aspects of Lobster Ink)
• Food and Beverage Training Core curriculum for all staff, including:
• Family Orientation Program
• Environmental Awareness Training
• Health and Safety Training
• Hygiene and Dress Code Training
• HIV/AIDS Awareness training
• Excellent communication skills across cultures
• Responsible, approachable and trusted individual who is seen as “go to” person
• Energetic, team player who is willing to get involved
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work well under pressure
• Confidentiality and discretionary skills are essential
• Strong presentation skills
• Stakeholder engagement and relationship building
If you have Safari experience and have the above attributes, please send your CV to our recruiters.